The applicant for Electronic Engineering B.S. at the Universidad de los Andes is characterized by a taste for science, technology and its applications, as well as a marked interest in learning about and exploring changes and innovation in this field. He is a creative, curious and analytical person. The Electronic Engineering student at the Universidad de los Andes is attracted to this career because he/she will learn to solve problems with technology and the possibility of creating new products. They are interested in areas such as robotics and automation, telecommunications, micro and nanotechnologies..
Uniandino Electronic Engineer stands out for his research capacity and in the appropriation, application and development of techniques and technologies for the design of electronic and communication systems, development of instrumentation systems, signal processing, bioengineering, industrial automation and microelectronics. It especially concentrates its action in the design and production of electronic devices, circuits and systems to be used in productive and service areas.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Our electronic engineers will have ethical, professional and environmental responsibility with the society, through the development of the systemic and critic thinking in the analysis of their environment.
Our electronic engineers will have competencies that will allow them to develop solutions from electrical engineering that generate wealth and social wellbeing,incorporating the evolving state of the art in their discipline and taking advantages of innovation opportunities, with autonomy and a continuous learning capacity as evidenced by participating in programs leading to advanced degrees.
Our electronic engineers will have the capacity to efficiently participate in an interdisciplinary framework to solve increasingly complex problems of the society.
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
8. An ability to identify market opportunities in value chains using creativity, innovation, or entrepreneurship strategies