Assistant Professor Position
Assistant Professor Position
(starting Q3 2021. Tenure track in Uniandes)
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
We are inviting applications for the position of tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Telecommunications team. We are looking for a highly motivated Ph.D. in electrical engineering or related disciplines.
The assistant professor will:
- Conduct research in one or more areas of telecommunications. Examples of these areas are: Microwave and Wireless Communications - Networks and Systems, Wireless Connectivity Solutions for Smart Environments.
- Teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering programs.
- Participate in supervision of undergraduate and graduate student projects and theses (M.Sc. and Ph.D.).
- Develop an independent research program.
- Apply for research funding and secure resources to support students in research projects with different public and private entities.
- Participate in Department/ School of Engineering/ University services such as course and curriculum development, Departmental and University committees and accreditation processes.
- Work within a creative, highly motivated international team.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering or related disciplines, consistent with the telecommunications area.
- Interest in high quality research
- Ability to work in collaborative multidisciplinary environments.
- Great interest in applied research and collaboration with the industrial and governmental sectors.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (speaking and writing).
Our department has two undergraduate programs, two master programs, specialization courses and a doctoral program. The Department has ABET accredited programs in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and High Quality accreditation from the Minister of Education in Colombia. According to The Best Global Universities Ranking by US News & World Report (2018), Universidad de Los Andes is the first university in Colombia and is 7th in Latin America. The University offers compensation for 12-months, awards according to performance and flexible benefits related to childcare, health, and assurances, among others. The professor to be hired will be granted support (FAPA), which will allow him/her to begin or continue his/her research.
Applicants should be send no later than June 18th, 2021 via e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject “Assistant Professor Position” with the following information:
• A cover letter describing your interest in this position.
• A curriculum vitae.
• A list of publications.
• A research statement with a maximum 3 pages, where he/she describes how his/her research will be sustainable and funded with external resources.
• His/her teaching philosophy (maximum 3 pages).
• Full contact information for at least three references. One of the references should be a person different from the candidate’s former advisor(s).