"B.S. degree of Electrical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org/
The applicant for Electrical Engineering at the University of Los Andes seeks knowledge in science, engineering, and the use of new technologies to learn how to apply them to solve problems. The applicant looks forward to being part of multidisciplinary work teams in large projects in the future and is interested in the program for its great relevance to the country and the broad possibilities of professional development. The applicant is interested in aspects related to the energy sector, power generation, alternative energy sources, electrical energy use in the industrial sector, electric vehicles, energy economy, etc.
Uniandino Electrical Engineers stand out for being capable of conducting research, applying and developing techniques and technologies; graduate focus on power systems study and analysis, design, planning and regulation in the electricity and energy sector. Electrical engineers can impact the development and modernization of the electrical infrastructure of the country. They also work in companies providing services in similar fields, telecommunications, information systems, education, health, recreation, safety services, etc.
Our engineers will have an ethical, professional, and environmental responsibility to provide leadership within the society, through the development of systemic and critic thinking in the analysis of their environment.
Our engineers will have competencies that will allow them to develop solutions from electrical engineering that generate wealth and social wellbeing,incorporating the evolving state of the art in their discipline and taking advantages of innovation opportunities, with autonomy and a continuous learning capacity as evidenced by participating in programs leading to advanced degrees.
Our engineers will have the capacity to efficiently participate in an interdisciplinary framework to solve increasingly complex problems of the society.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
- Abilities to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Abilities to design and conduct experiments, as well to analyze and interpret data.
- Abilities to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints (economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety).
- Abilities to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Abilities to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Abilities to communicate effectively..
- A broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning..
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Abilities to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.